I’m back again to share a brilliant, new tool in the BBQ world,
If you’ve ever grilled shish kabobs, you know how much of a pain it can be to flip them once they’re on the grill… Well, Flipkabob is here to make life a whole lot easier!
With summer here, shish kabobs are a staple. They’re quick, easy and feed a lot of people. Thanks to FlipKabob, I was able to try it out in return for my honest review.
I decided to try out the Flipkabob and grill some shish kabobs for a couple of friends before a day out on the lake. Steak, handful of shrimp, peppers and mushrooms were my ingredients of choice this time. We prepped and marinated everything the night before, which made things incredibly easy.
The flipKabob is actually sold as a set, which includes a wide-set, wood-grain tong and six stainless steel skewers. I found that the tongs work with other skewers too, which is nice if you’re grilling a lot of kabobs!
We grilled ours on a charcoal grill for about 4 min each side. This is where I found the most benefit from the Flipkabob. I used the tongs to transfer the kabobs on and off the grill and they worked perfectly. No need to use gloves or sacrifice your fingers. When it came time to flip, there was no lost food, no spiraling out of control, and most notably, no burnt hands! The handles are long, which keeps you away from the heat and the food was cooked evenly on both sides. Once you get the hang of it, it’s very easy to maneuver.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
If you’re looking for a Father’s Day gift for the Grill Master in your life, this is definitely a product to consider!
Cave Tools reached out to me a few weeks ago regarding a few of their BBQ and cooking products and asked if I’d be willing to review one of them! And being the BBQ wife that I am, I agreed!
I went with the 10 piece BBQ skewer set. I had envisioned us creating some surf and turf shish kabobs, and thought it would be a fun dinner to make together. They’d also be fun to break out for a small BBQ get together with friends. Just prepare and throw on the grill, super easy.
- They’re flat, so food stays in place while flipping on the grill. We found it easy to flip using Scott’s rubber heat resistance gloves. Tongs would also work.
- Fun fact. They have a little ring/washer thing at the top of the skewer for easy food removal. I don’t like eating food directly off a skewer, so that was really helpful.
- Very easy to clean. I ended up hand washing mine, but their stainless steel design is dishwasher safe. Gotta love easy clean up!
You can find these skewers on Amazon or on Cave Tool’s website. If you’re thinking about purchasing through Amazon, now would be a perfect time. Cave Tools is offering 15% off with the code: 2KZ24FI9. Code only works with amazon purchases.
Now for a recipe!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 lb steak, we chose a sirloin steak
- Veggies for the skewer… zucchini, squash, red onion, bell pepper, etc.
- 2 tbsp olive oil for veggies
- Mix the first six ingredients to create the marinade. Pour marinade into a big ziplock bag. Cut the steak into bite size chunks and toss in the marinade. Let meat marinate for at least 8 hrs or over night in the fridge.
- Slice extra veggies and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high heat. Remember to lightly spray grates of grill to prevent meat from sticking. We like to use this kind.
- Place kabobs on grill for about 2 min on each side until cooked to your liking.
*I was given a membership to ClassPass to help promote Austin’s launch!
My free month of ClassPass is officially over but what a fun month it has been! The month of December was a busy one, with the holidays, an eventful schedule, and still working out at my gym regularly, I didn’t get to try as many classes as I would have liked to. BUT I still feel like I got good use out of my month worth of classes!
What is this ClassPass you keep hearing about?!
“ClassPass is a monthly membership to the best boutique fitness classes in your city. There are thousands of classes available to ClassPass members, including cycling, pilates, yoga, strength training, dance, martial arts, and more.”- ClassPass website
How it works:
Buy a monthly classpass membership. Take as many classes as you’d like each month! You can visit any studio in the ClassPass network up to 3 times per membership cycle. –ClassPass website
There are classes every day of the week, some starting as early as 5:00am! Austin alone has 56 participating studios for you to pick from, located all over Austin. I got to try Dancers Shape, which I really loved, Ride Indoor Cycle, and MOD fitness.
I had a great experience with ClassPass and I found it really fun and very convenient for my lifestyle. Buuut I can see how there could be some hiccups along the way.
- Trying something new and mixing up your workout.
- Tons of different times to fit your schedule
- Variety of classes, some of which you might not have tried without the pass!
- Meeting new people
- Getting to try a multitude of boutique studios without having to buy an expensive membership at each one
- Only 3 classes per studio per month-If you find a studio you really love, you’ll only be able to visit it 3 times with your classpass for that cycle… but with so many studios to pick from, it’s never really an issue.
- Location-Depending on where you live, you may not have as much variety of classes or you may be driving a good bit to get to them. This was never an issue for me.
ClassPass was awesome because it got me in the door to new studios that I’ve never tried before. I was a first timer and it brought me out of my comfort zone. If you’re considering joining, click here(<<-affiliate link) and skip the wait list!