As I was going through my amazon wish list, I realized I had a bunch of fitness related things on there and decided to compile them here in case you have a fitness lover in your life! Or if you’d like to get yourself a special treat for Christmas, totally do that too! Most of these items are on Amazon Prime, two day shipping, baby!
- Yoga mat: My old one is starting to fall apart.
- Yoga mat towel: I never knew you needed a yoga mat towel, but whoa, after taking a hot yoga class it’s so necessary.
- Polar heart rate monitor: a friend of mine has this heart rate monitor and she loves it! I’m always impressed with the amount of calories burned. I’m very curious to see how many I burn when working out!
- Strappy sports bra: because, why not?
- Foam roller/The stick: It’s a love/hate relationship with the stick. When my legs are really sore after a squat sesh the day before, a foam roller or stick is totally necessary.
- Burts Bees face wipes: Since I work out before work, these little things come in handy big time.
- Columbia down jacket: I could use another fluffy/neutral colored jacket for skiing this year!
- Petite gym bag: once again, perfect for my morning workouts before work.
- Fitbit Surge fitness watch: This is a huge splurge, but I hear that people LOVE their fitbits. This one tracks GPS, heart rate, steps/workouts, monitor sleep, wireless sync with computer/cell phone, etc. It’s the all in one package!
I’ve come up with something I hope will hold me more accountable when it comes to my weekly workouts. I never have a specific weekly goal in mind, but I always try to get some sort of physical activity in.
My one fitness goal this year was to use all 10 of my gym classes each month and so far so good…Except February…I’m going to pretend that month doesn’t count. There were only 11 days out of the whole month I could have worked out at the gym, and I was only able to use 8 classes… I couldn’t squeeze in the other two classes in such a short, busy month! I did go skiing 4 days in February so that has to count for something, right?
I think, or at least hope, by writing down my weekly workouts(workouts of at least 30 min or longer), I will be able to realistically see what I’m doing weekly, and how active I am…starting this week!
- ROM CON: Range of motion conditioning. This week focused on shoulders, hips and achilles.–1 hr
- Bollywood dance class: 30 min
- TRX: Stations, using the TRX and hand held weights to work arms, back, quads and abs–1 hr
- Mowed the front and back yard–45 min
- Ran 2.5 miles–30 min
- Lift class at work during lunch–1 hr
5.45 hours of physical activity this week!
*UPDATE* Sorry, this offer is no longer valid. To sign up for a regular membership and skip the wait list, click here(<
Fitness friends of Austin!! ClassPass is offering an awesome deal right now. Only $10 for a week of unlimited classes! There are currently 72 studio locations that are participating in Austin alone! If you were hesitant to bite the bullet for a full membership before, then now is the perfect opportunity to give ClassPass a try!
My picks for you to try during your trial week:
- Bikram Yoga East Austin
- CorePower Yoga
- Dancers Shape
- MOD Fitness
- Omni Fight Club Austin
- Pure Pilates Austin
- RIDE Indoor Cycling
- Tetra Fitness
- The Bar Method
- Trio Life Fitness