These weeks were probably the hardest on me. I took lots of naps and lounged around and I didn’t feel guilty about it!
We had another appointment at 8 weeks, 2 days to confirm pregnancy, since our initial scan just showed the gestational sac. We got to see the heartbeat and I finally had a sense of relief. The weeks leading up to that 8 week ultrasound seemed to drag on.
- I had the weirdest feeling. I would feel extreme hunger but would have no real appetite. Nothing really sounded good to me. That’s the WORST when you’re starving!
- But one thing I did crave was…. Taco Bell… Yeah, yeah, I know. Super trashy fast food, but let me tell you, it hit the spot.
- One week I didn’t work out at all, and another I got 4 workouts in. Progress! The gym is very hit or miss depending on my schedule. I can only make it to the 5:30 am class so I really have to plan for it.
- Emotions are still high and crying over the craziest things. Everything will be fine one minute and then all of a sudden I’ll be tired, hungry, grumpy.
- Still feel like a zombie, especially after work. I’ll get home at 6, crawl upstairs and take a cat nap and come back down at 7. Scott was really great with preparing dinner while I vegged out.
- Crazy dreams, for example: One dream featured Scott taking out a group of women on the boat without me(I have NO idea where this came from) and another dream we were celebrating Paul McCartney’s Birthday but he looked like Sylvester Stallone. So weird, right??
- Lots of on and off nausa and dizziness especially in the morning or after a boat day.
Fun things to note
- I finally gave Scott the mug that I had been hiding in my closet for the last two years the morning of Father’s Day.
- We shared our pregnancy with our parents around 10 weeks on Father’s Day. We spent the first half of the day with my dad and brother/sister in law. I made theses cute little cards and picked up this onesie for my nephew. I wish I would have recorded their reactions because they were priceless. We saw my in laws later that evening and gave them their card. They were so surprised and elated!
- We saw my mom and maw-maw a week later and shared the news. I wrapped up these cute little booties and recorded her opening it. Of course her reaction is how you’d expect it. She was crying and freaking out and so so excited!
- I started reading what to expect when you’re expecting.