Cave Tools reached out to me a few weeks ago regarding a few of their BBQ and cooking products and asked if I’d be willing to review one of them! And being the BBQ wife that I am, I agreed!
I went with the 10 piece BBQ skewer set. I had envisioned us creating some surf and turf shish kabobs, and thought it would be a fun dinner to make together. They’d also be fun to break out for a small BBQ get together with friends. Just prepare and throw on the grill, super easy.
- They’re flat, so food stays in place while flipping on the grill. We found it easy to flip using Scott’s rubber heat resistance gloves. Tongs would also work.
- Fun fact. They have a little ring/washer thing at the top of the skewer for easy food removal. I don’t like eating food directly off a skewer, so that was really helpful.
- Very easy to clean. I ended up hand washing mine, but their stainless steel design is dishwasher safe. Gotta love easy clean up!
You can find these skewers on Amazon or on Cave Tool’s website. If you’re thinking about purchasing through Amazon, now would be a perfect time. Cave Tools is offering 15% off with the code: 2KZ24FI9. Code only works with amazon purchases.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 lb steak, we chose a sirloin steak
- Veggies for the skewer… zucchini, squash, red onion, bell pepper, etc.
- 2 tbsp olive oil for veggies
- Mix the first six ingredients to create the marinade. Pour marinade into a big ziplock bag. Cut the steak into bite size chunks and toss in the marinade. Let meat marinate for at least 8 hrs or over night in the fridge.
- Slice extra veggies and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high heat. Remember to lightly spray grates of grill to prevent meat from sticking. We like to use this kind.
- Place kabobs on grill for about 2 min on each side until cooked to your liking.