I’m a big fan of shrimp and will usually order it anytime it’s offered on a menu when we’re eating out. I like shrimp prepared several different ways, sauteed, battered or in shrimp scampi. I don’t cook shrimp enough at home but when I do, I make this recipe. It’s super easy, super quick and requires most ingredients you probably already have at home. Also, I came across these veggie noodles at our local grocery store and gave them a try. The box states that they are made out of dried corn, dried carrots, and dried squash. They’re the same consistency of regular pasta noodles and we couldn’t even tell a difference!
- 8 oz veggie pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley. I used dried parsley just the same
- grated Parmesan to taste
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. I add a bit of olive oil to keep noodles from clumping together. Drain well.
- Melt butter into large skillet. Add garlic, shrimp and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 3 min, until shrimp are pink. Pour in wine, lemon juice, and sprinkle in salt and pepper and dried parsley. Bring to simmer.
- Next, remove from heat, stir in noodles, lemon zest and, if using fresh parsley, add in now.
- Serve and sprinkle Parmesan over top, if desired.