I mentioned a few weeks ago that we were in the early stages of the buying/selling process. Well, last week we met with a realtor in hopes to get some professional advice and to answer some of our questions. We asked questions such as is this a good time to buy/sell, when should we sell, what do we need to do to prepare our house, and how much we can list it for… and then some. Our realtor walked the house and gave us some good tips on how we can make improvements before listing it. Scott met with several lenders, got quotes, and pre-approval. I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious over here on the home front!
We have a date in mind for when we want to put the house on the market… Just over 4 weeks away!…and a growing list of tasks!!
Over the weekend we starting checking stuff off the list. And just so I can keep track, here are the tasks (+/-) we’ll be completing in the next few weeks:
Buy moving boxes, packing material
- Pre-pack/stage house: Pack winter stuff, ski gear, unused dishware, boots, books, and any other clutter
- Replace light bulbs
Replace fire alarm
- Take all photos down and pack them away
Add phone jack
- Recaulk where needed: bathroom, kitchen, nail holes
- Pressure wash deck, house, front door/entry, garage
- Paint deck with deck paint and replace bad boards
- Recaulk awning and side of front door
- Touch up paint outside
Trim tree Refill gravel in Melvin’s kennel Lay sod in backyard/front yard
- Remove electric dog fence
- Touch up paint: trim, walls, laundry room, window sill, nail holes
- Clean AC registers and grilles
- Ceiling dust bunnies
- Clean windows inside/outside
- Dust EVERYTHING
Deep cleaning tasks will get done as we get closer to putting our house on the market. We want to get it de-cluttered and organized, then get to work cleaning. Thankfully our list is minimal.
I’m so excited to start this new adventure with Scott. I’m sure it won’t be easy, but we’ve got this!
Let the house hunting begin!