I was on the search for a fun Easter craft when I came up with a papier mache Easter egg. Since I had everything I needed on hand, it was the perfect project! I decided on a papier mache egg with a little cut out with a chick peeking through but there are a lot of ideas out there! (thanks Pinterest :))
- strips of tissue paper, what ever colors you want!
- imitation grass
- foam brush
- chick or a peep
- jelly beans
- 3/4 cup flour(papier mache paste)
- 2 cups water(papier mache paste)
- 2 tbsp of salt and sugar(papier mache paste)
- First you’ll need to make the paste. Boil 1 cup of water in a sauce pan. While that is heating up, mix the flour and the other cup of water.
- Once the water is boiling, add the flour mixture into the pot on med/high until it comes to a rolling boil with continuous stirring.
- Mixture will thicken and be a white/cream color. Remove from heat and add salt/sugar. It will thicken as it cools.
- When cooled, spread paste on balloon, then add a sheet of tissue paper, then another layer of paste. Do this all over the balloon with multiple layers of paper. Let dry either by hanging or place it on a cup.
- Let sit for about two days, should be pretty hard and sturdy.
- Use a detail knife to cut a hole in the center…and peel the balloon out.
- Add all of your goodies inside and whatever else you want to do to make it your own.