I was on the search for a yummy, filling snack when I hosted my book club ladies back in December. I came across this pinwheel recipe and figured it would be perfect! I made a small modification and they didn’t disappoint! They were a huge hit! I knew they were a crowd pleaser so I broke them out again for our Super Bowl party! Quick, easy and definitely delish!
- 1 roll of crescent rolls(if you can find the seamless dough sheets, go with that)
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese
- about 1/2 cup to a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage and drain fat. Let sausage cool on the side.
- Combine sausage, cream cheese, shredded cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Unroll crescent rolls and press seams together to make one sheet of dough.
- Spoon out sausage and cheese mixture onto dough sheet in an even layer.
- Roll dough length wise, until it’s completely rolled up and wrap in parchment paper. Place the roll in the refrigerator for 20 min or place in the freezer if you’re short on time. I typically like for them to sit over night. You just want them to be solid enough to slice.
- Cut slices in 1/4 of inch and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 about 13-15 min or until they are golden on top.
*makes about 20 pinwheels