Mmmm! Shrinking Kitchen strikes again. This casserole was so easy and so good! I just have to share…
This is what you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion(we didn’t add this)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 4 8-inch tortillas (we used like 8 because they were much smaller.)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese. (We used Mexican blend and more than recipe suggests)
- Heat ground beef and onion in nonstick skillet. Drain excess fat once meat is cooked through. Pre-heat oven to 400˚F while meat cooks.
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add garlic and saute for about 1 min. Sprinkle the flour in with the butter, continuously stirring. Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce to pan. Bring to boil and cook for about 2 min. Set aside 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Place 1 tortilla in a 9 inch round pie plate. Layer the beef sauce on top of tortilla. We put cheese in between each layer too. Repeat until all ingredients are gone. Once you lay the last tortilla, pour the sauce that was set aside over the casserole and the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 min.