“Where we found love”
This whole idea started when I was compiling options for my in-laws 40th Anniversary. I saw variations of the state canvas on Pinterest, Etsy, and Red Envelope(all for really high prices). I decided to try my hand at making one, personalizing it to them. MiL grew up in Iowa, FiL grew up Connecticut and they met and found love in Minnesota during college.
Step by step instructions:
1. Buy canvas and paint. I used 18×18 and plain acrylic paint
2. Paint canvas, at least two coats.
3. Print out pictures and trace on to the canvas with pencil.
4. Paint the insides(very carefully!) I did three coats.
5. Ta-da! Your master piece is finished!
Making this was fun, relatively easy, and didn’t cost an arm and a leg. But most of all, it’s special to them. I love the way it turned out! I want to try another one! Maybe a silhouette of Scott and I?