It’s pretty obvious that this was my first month back at work, considering this update is so late! I still want to continue to post monthly updates on my little lady, even if she is almost 5 months :)
- Daycare. So last month I left off with Hazel starting daycare… Well, we’re one month in and it’s been a doozy! The sickness is REAL! She’s had two colds and apparently had a VERY mild case of hand foot mouth disease…I only know she had this after the fact when lucky mom started to come down with it. HFD is SO much worse as an adult. Still suffering 3 weeks later. :( Besides the sickness, daycare hasn’t been terrible. The transition was surprisingly a lot easier than I was anticipating. The first few weeks were very hard but we’ve adjusted well to our new normal. Daycare even said she’s the best baby they’ve ever taken care of… Wonder if they still feel that way? haha!
- Hazel has started sucking on her hands and fingers, specifically her thumb. It’s really adorable, although I know it’s a terrible habit. She likes gnawing on my knuckle too.
- Drooly, fussy, gnaws on any and everything. Teething??? TBD.
- She’s much more talkative and smiley. We say she’s got miles of smiles :)
- She has started batting and hitting her toys on the bouncer and activity mat.
- We heard Hazel laugh for the first time 4/29/18. Aunt Gigi’s silly voice tickled her so much!
- Finally transitioned from the rock N play to the bassinet. Since she hasn’t started rolling over yet, we still swaddle her. She likes it so much better!
- We put Hazel in her crib at exactly 16 weeks and she slept through the night on the first try!!! Such an independent girl!
- We noticed Hazel started sticking her tongue out the side of her mouth when she’s concentrating. It’s adorable!
Likes: Kisses on the neck, mirror time, her bouncer
Dislikes: constipation, congestion/the bulb
Hazel Mae is 3 months old! 😍 This month has been SO fun! We’re starting to see her little personality emerge and it’s been so great getting to learn more about our little girl. Here are the fun things that happened this month…
- SLEEP! Sleep was huge this month! Ever since the time change, Hazel has been consistently sleeping 9-10 hours a night. She will usually go to bed between 8-9 pm and wake up between 6-6:30 am.
- Starting blowing spit bubbles which apparently is right on target developmentally.
- She has found her hands and has started licking and sucking on her fingers/hands/knuckles. She favors her left hand. She also likes putting her mouth on my arm and licking too. She’s so drooly!
- Still doesn’t really like her pacifier unless she’s really tired and trying to put herself to sleep.
- Mesmerized by the fan and is always looking up at it.
- Started crying real tears which is the saddest thing!
- Started playing with and holding her rattle. She loves it!
- She doesn’t ball up her hands as much and keeps them open and grabs onto things.
- We are right on the cusp of hearing her really laugh! I heard her laugh in her sleep twice and OMG it was the cutest thing! I can’t wait to see her giggle!
- Attempting to put Hazel in her crib more often for naps at home. She’s still sleeping in the rock n play in our room but we’re trying to get her used to sleeping in her room.
- Hazel went to two trial days of daycare before starting full time. She’ll be starting at exactly at 13 weeks. :(
Likes: dancing with mom in front of the mirror, daddy’s gorilla noises.
Dislikes: Being hot and being hungry.
Two months?! This month seriously flew by! It was huge for growth and development(I’m sure I’ll say that every month.)
- At 5 weeks we started to notice a visible strengthening in her neck. She can look left and right during tummy time. She is getting so strong!
- She celebrated her first holiday, Valentine’s Day, at 5 weeks old!
- We packed away all of the newborn clothes and started using 0-3 month clothes. She’s already grown out of some of the 0-3 month outfits!
- Moved out of newborn diapers into 1 at 6 weeks.
- We noticed that she’s got daddy’s feet. Her toes are SO long!
- Both dogs have shown some concern and protection towards Hazel when she’s crying or when someone else is holding her. It’s the sweetest thing.
- Started smiling at exactly 6 weeks, which has been the highlight of this month! We were lucky enough to get her first smiles on camera and have captured a lot more smiles since then.
- She’s really into music! She’ll be really fussy and a couple seconds after turning on the music, she’ll instantly calm down. We’ve been listening to a variety… reggae, John Mayer, Michael Kiwanuka, Van Morrison, lullaby’s and hip hop, She likes it all!
- 9 times out of 10, she will only burp for mom, every. time.
- Started “talking” and making oo/ah/ugh noises around 8 weeks.
- Girl loves to eat and is working her way up to chunk status. She will usually cry when she finishes her bottle haha
- We had our two month appointment on the 12th and she got her first series of shots. Ugh! That was heartbreaking! But she was only upset for about 1-2 minutes. She’s my little warrior!
Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz in the 48%
Height: 21 3/4 inches in the 16%. She’s a shorty!
Head: In the 88%
Likes: Laying on mom and dad’s chest, bouncer lounger, listening to music/dancing, rocking in the rocking chair with mom, car seat/car rides/stroller rides, being outside, tolerates changing clothes now.
Dislikes: diaper changes, waiting on her bottle when she’s hungry.