My pregnancy updates are finally coming at you in real(ish) time! I’m just now starting my 20th week of pregnancy and feeling really good! Here are some of the the notable things that happened during that past few weeks….
- In my last update I shared that our dogs were acting out and fighting. Well, they haven’t stopped and at this rate, they’re not going to. We finally were able to schedule a dog consultation for August 28th. Unfortunately, we were notified that we would have to reschedule due to hurricane Harvey. So now we’re on the books for September 4th. Really looking forward to getting a professional’s opinion and proper training. Wish us luck!
- We were gifted our first baby outfit. My mother in law guessed that it was a boy and gave us the most adorable polo onesie. And if you follow me on instagram, you know we’ll be returning it ;) haha
- We went to visit Renee, my sister in law, down in San Antonio at her ER. She offered to do an early ultrasound around 16 weeks to see if she could find out what we’re having. The baby was cooperating so we got a sneak peek at the gender. We found out that we’re having a GIRL!
- I feel like I have so much more energy these days!
- Continued taking prenatal, vitamin D, and iron supplement.
- The iron supplements have made constipation much worse, ouch! I’ve been counteracting it with benefiber but it’s still very uncomfortable. Very glamorous, let me tell ya.
- We announced our pregnancy at 17 weeks.
- Jan, my mother in law, took me shopping for some maternity clothes. Maternity jeans are amazing!
- Finally looking more and more pregnant!
- We had our anatomy scan at 18 weeks, 6 days where they confirmed that it’s definitely a girl! Everything else came back great and she’s growing right on schedule. We announced that it was a girl at 19 weeks!
- I started on my registry. It’s a bit overwhelming but it’s been super fun!
I realized I didn’t categorize my notes for this update, so it will kinda be all over the place…
- We were scheduled for our 12 week appointment and ultrasound on July 11th. I was 12 weeks, 6 days. They did the NT scan and four different blood tests. All results came back great with really low risk for abnormalities. One of my tests results did show that I was anemic so I have started taking an iron supplement along with my prenatal.
- Feeling much better these days and my energy has slowly started coming back. I no longer need after work naps.
- Pregnancy brain forgot to add water to stuffing mix and basically caught the microwave on fire… The smell didn’t go away for weeks….
- The crazy dreams continue. One memorable one I had was that Scott bought 4 more boats and I was so pissed with him! Such a weird dream, I know.
- Feeling like a packed sausage in my jeans. Had to start doing the rubber band trick.
- My dogs have been acting out big time and it’s really breaking my heart. They have started picking fights with each other to a point where we have to pull them apart. It was happening every once in a while but has since started to happening daily. We’re planning on getting their thyroid checked and contacting a behavioral dog therapist.
- Finally cashed in my spa day gift certificate from our Anniversary in April. Scott gifted me a facial, massage and pedicure at a spa near us. It was such a treat!
- I got a mom car! I handed my almost 11 year old car down to my dad and his family and got a mini SUV. I’m loving my new ride!
These weeks were probably the hardest on me. I took lots of naps and lounged around and I didn’t feel guilty about it!
We had another appointment at 8 weeks, 2 days to confirm pregnancy, since our initial scan just showed the gestational sac. We got to see the heartbeat and I finally had a sense of relief. The weeks leading up to that 8 week ultrasound seemed to drag on.
- I had the weirdest feeling. I would feel extreme hunger but would have no real appetite. Nothing really sounded good to me. That’s the WORST when you’re starving!
- But one thing I did crave was…. Taco Bell… Yeah, yeah, I know. Super trashy fast food, but let me tell you, it hit the spot.
- One week I didn’t work out at all, and another I got 4 workouts in. Progress! The gym is very hit or miss depending on my schedule. I can only make it to the 5:30 am class so I really have to plan for it.
- Emotions are still high and crying over the craziest things. Everything will be fine one minute and then all of a sudden I’ll be tired, hungry, grumpy.
- Still feel like a zombie, especially after work. I’ll get home at 6, crawl upstairs and take a cat nap and come back down at 7. Scott was really great with preparing dinner while I vegged out.
- Crazy dreams, for example: One dream featured Scott taking out a group of women on the boat without me(I have NO idea where this came from) and another dream we were celebrating Paul McCartney’s Birthday but he looked like Sylvester Stallone. So weird, right??
- Lots of on and off nausa and dizziness especially in the morning or after a boat day.
Fun things to note
- I finally gave Scott the mug that I had been hiding in my closet for the last two years the morning of Father’s Day.
- We shared our pregnancy with our parents around 10 weeks on Father’s Day. We spent the first half of the day with my dad and brother/sister in law. I made theses cute little cards and picked up this onesie for my nephew. I wish I would have recorded their reactions because they were priceless. We saw my in laws later that evening and gave them their card. They were so surprised and elated!
- We saw my mom and maw-maw a week later and shared the news. I wrapped up these cute little booties and recorded her opening it. Of course her reaction is how you’d expect it. She was crying and freaking out and so so excited!
- I started reading what to expect when you’re expecting.